Careers with Ourselves Black
Ourselves Black is looking for talented, creative and enthusiastic individuals who can join our team. You will be working as part of a small, active and friendly team and will be exposed to the day-to-day running of a fast growing magazine.
Content Strategist is responsible for assisting the Creative Director in implementing Ourselves Black's overall visual digital social media communications footprint. This position will build awareness about Ourselves Black within social media channels and online communities, and will be geared to increase engagement and readership/subscriptions for both online and print formats.
- Creative Director
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Creative Director to refine social media strategy and best practices
- Managing social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) and editorial calendar to ensure content is timely, relevant, and engaging
- Draft weekly e-newsletters to Ourselves Black subscribers via Mailchimp
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) and engage them in brand activities
- Ability to take initiative, employ good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be available for at least 5 posts each week at best times on all platforms.
- Strong art background and curation skills
- A firm understanding of Ourselves Black visual brand guidelines
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms, digital media, and web/social media management and measurement tools (e.g. HootSuite, Google Analytics)
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of email marketing applications (e.g. Mailchimp)
- References should speak to the applicant’s sense of camaraderie, integrity, professionalism, responsibility, and flexibility.
- Based on experience